Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - Ski Jumping - Individual Large Hill Qualifying
  • I enjoyed getting to know some of the names I'm not familiar with

• by Orrymain

One of the neat sports to watch during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic games is ski jumping. There’s just something about watching these competitors sliding down the hill, going high into the air, and then making a clean landing hundreds of feet later. I’m not a skier, but I’ve always wondered what that feeling must be like, to be soaring through the air on a clear, crisp day. Watching it is thrilling as can be.

Noriaki

Kasai of Japan must know how it feels like. This is his sixth Olympic games in the sport. Ya gotta love that dedication and passion that he must have for this event. Going into the finals, he’ll have the lead, too. I don’t even think he tried to necessarily be at the front of the pack, and I have a hunch he has more in his jumping arsenal than what we saw today.

Peter Frenette ...

• of and Nicholas Alexander of America both made it forward, too, with solid jumps.

One of the other nice things about getting a chance to watch qualifying is getting a feel for athletes from around the globe, competitors you maybe haven’t seen before or at least, not often. It just allows the viewer to have an idea of who’s who prior to the medal round. I enjoyed getting to know some of the names I’m not familiar

with.

Poland’s Adam Malysz had a beautiful jump. He was so parallel to his skis that he just glided through the air, looking poised and graceful. He’s one of several skiers who are pre-qualified for the final. Fifty of the 61 entrants move on to Saturday’s finals.

What I’m not so fond of is this pre-qualifying thing. I’m not sure anyone should get a free pass like that. Regardless, Saturday’s finals should be awesome to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352002999711128/k2311a0220/2.20.10