Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - Freestyle Skiing - Women’s Aerials Qualifying  » Sport  »
  • I was happily surprised by the American team, especially young Ashley Caldwell

• by Orrymain

Oh my goodness, talk about fun and thrills at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic games! That’s exactly what the Women’s Aerials, part of the freestyle skiing competition, are. These women ski down a small slope for speed, power up a vertical ramp, do some incredible trick, and then land and ski back to the finish for points.

It’s absolutely amazing to watch. The totals of two runs are combined and the top twelve make it to the finals. It was an amazing qualifying competition.

I was happily surprised by the American team, especially young Ashley Caldwell. For her, making the finals went down to the last minute as she was on the bubble with her scores. I was holding my breath, that’s for sure. Her second trick had been so good, and she was all smiles. When you see someone facing their dreams like that, it’s natural to want them to have the opportunity. She did it, hanging on for that final twelfth spot.

While our Jana Lindsey didn’t ...

Mona says :

Amazing. I might be in Canada few months from now and I don’t want to miss this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352002999611128/k2311a0220/2.20.10