Street Hawk: Chinatown Memories  » TV  »
2.5
  • My problem is that I've never liked TV shows that center around the Chinese version of the mob
  • I don't like shows about any mob, to be honest
  • I don't like that type of lifestyle and have no desire to watch it
  • I really don't like the direction this show takes with Jesse's character, either, so it's just one I don't like watching

• by Orrymain

The Street Hawk crime fighting series continues with episode 7, Chinatown Memories. My problem is that I’ve never liked TV shows that center around the Chinese version of the mob. I don’t like shows about any mob, to be honest. They are cliche and boring to me. I don’t like that type of lifestyle and have no desire to watch it. The Chinese version of it

is equally yucky to me.

There are some wonderful acting talents in Street Hawk: Chinatown Memories. Beulah Quo plays Aunt Pearl with delightful spirit. I like this character of hers; it lets her shine. The incredible Keye Luke, with a long, long list of acting credits, appears in this show, too, as Mr. Ming.

The emotional element of the story is supposed to come from Jesse Mach’s old girlfriend.

• Mach (Rex Smith) is the hero of the Street Hawk series. Smith is actually a decent actor. I don’t know that he ever really had a chance to earn any respect from this series, but he’s better than a lot of folks gave him credit for. The girlfriend of the week wasn’t right for his character in my view, but that’s how it was played in this show.
        The ex-girlfriend, Lili, was played by Shelagh McLeod, who delivered an okay performance.

I really don’t like the direction this show takes with Jesse’s character, either, so it’s just one I don’t like watching. The only good element, aside from Quo and Luke, is the song, “What About Me” that highlights the story transitions. I’m not sure who sings it; could have been Smith, but I did like the soundtrack.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102002999571128/k2311a0220/2.20.10