Heineken Experience - Amsterdam, Netherlands  » Travel  »
Stadhouderskade 78, 1072 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • My trip to Europe did include a lot pubs and things but places like the Heineken Experience were a lot of fun and educational as well
  • I think the actual brewery is now somewhere else in Amsterdam
  • We had a tour through the museum type area with a bit of history on Heineken, which was very interesting
  • We saw the big vats where the beer is fermented and a lot of old Heineken glasses, posters, beer mats etc. The last place you end up is the pub where they hand out free Heineken - the best part of the tour by far

• by Karen22

My trip to Europe did include a lot pubs and things but places like the Heineken Experience were a lot of fun and educational as well. This is the site of the old brewery, which has been turned into a sort of museum all about Heineken.

I think the actual brewery is now somewhere else in Amsterdam.

We took the first tour of the morning, I think it was like 9 am or something - a bit

early for drinking beer but oh well! The cost was very cheap, I think it turned out to be a couple of Canadian dollars, converted.

We had a tour through the museum type area with a bit of history on Heineken, which was very interesting.

The last place you end up is the pub ...

• where they hand out free Heineken - the best part of the tour by far! Since we were the first tour of the day, there were no other people in front of us and we had the whole pub to ourselves.

You get a certain amount of time in this pub (I think it was half an hour or 45 minutes) and they will just keep bringing you half-pints of Heineken as you finish them.

They do provide little snacks included as well, which is smart since people are trying to drink as much free Heineken as they can! After our time was up, the tour was over except for one last stop in the gift shop - which is cleverly located after everyone has had a bit to drink!

The Heineken Experience is a lot of fun and if you find yourself in Amsterdam and you enjoy beer - this is the place for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382002999471128/k2311a0220/2.20.10