Special K’s Strawberry Protein Meal Bars  » Food  »
2.5
  • However, the problem lies in that it tastes like a candy bar
  • I think it would be extremely hard to follow long-term, even though these bars are delicious
  • I would recommend eating them as a snack rather than the usual candy bar or chips

• by carblover

The Special K diet suggests that you replace two meals with either a meal bar or a bowl of cereal. If someone was to follow this diet as suggested, I have no doubt that they would lose weight. These meal bars are delicious. However, the problem lies in that it tastes like a candy bar. Most people can attest that candy bars aren’t food, so they often resort to eating them as a snack rather than as a replacement meal.

That is the case with the Special K Strawberry meal bar.

It is basically soy protein covered with yogurt flavorings that makes me feel like I’m eating yogurt-covered raisins. It is hard to believe that it has 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein. When I took a bite, I began to wonder where they had packed all that nutrition. It was extremely sweet and reminded me of a granola parfait. However, it really kept me full ...

• throughout the day although it certainly didn’t satisfy my desire for a meal.

The problem with this meal plan is that you have to replace a meal with their bars or cereals. I think it would be extremely hard to follow long-term, even though these bars are delicious. I would recommend eating them as a snack rather than the usual candy bar or chips; they are lower in calories compared to those snacks.

The downside is that it is expensive.

My usual box of granola bars costs under four dollars. These bars cost nearly 6 dollars. So basically, I’m spending a couple of dollars more, not to mention that I cannot possibly believe that anyone can follow this plan long-term. It is way too high in calories to eat as a snack, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. I would only recommend this product if you’re seriously thinking about losing weight. Otherwise, I don’t recommend having it in your home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272002999331128/k2311a0220/2.20.10