Healthy Choice Honey Ginger Chicken Frozen Entree  » Food  »
  • I love Chinese food but you can’t have it every day because it’s so fattening
  • I decided to try the Honey Ginger chicken because it was low in calories (under 300), low in fat, and high in protein
  • Another thing I was disappointed with is the amount of chicken
  • The chicken was few in numbers but delicious nonetheless

• by carblover

Healthy choice has reinvented their frozen meal line with new and exciting flavors. The cuisine ranges from Italian to Chinese, each sounding like a gourmet concoction. I love Chinese food but you can’t have it every day because it’s so fattening. I decided to try the Honey Ginger chicken because it was low in calories (under 300), low in fat, and high in protein. More importantly, it’s Chinese food.

Cooking instructions are simple enough – just

pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. It filled my kitchen instantly with a gingery sesame scent. It looked pretty good, too, with the rice and vegetables. But there were some disappointments with this meal. First of all, the rice texture was porridge-like because it was so over-cooked. It tasted like the rice grains exploded like popcorn. Another thing I was disappointed with is the amount of chicken. There were ...

• only 3 pieces of chunk-size chicken – hardly enough to satisfy a hungry stomach. But I have to admit it was moist and it was actual chicken, not minced chicken meat. Lastly, the sauce was too sweet and not salty enough. After a couple of bites, I couldn’t stand it and had to add my own salt. It was not a good balance of salt and sweet. Because it was too sweet, the ginger essence
        seemed too strong.

Overall, I can’t complain too much about this product. Healthy Choice attempted to make palatable healthy Chinese food and they succeeded for the most part. The amount of vegetables was sufficient and ranged in variety. The sauce was too sweet for my taste but carried the sesame and ginger essence well. The chicken was few in numbers but delicious nonetheless. I would buy this product again but add my own modifications to it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272002999321128/k2311a0220/2.20.10