Comcast High-Speed Internet Service  » Internet  »
  • I'm also a bit concerned with my cost of service
  • I suppose I could upgrade to an even higher speed, but I don't think I should have to
  • I don't think there should be degrees of high-speed

• by Jenn

I’ve been a Comcast customer for about four years now, and have only a few complaints. For one thing, my modem has been a bit touchy over the last six months, negatively affecting my connectivity to the internet, and after phoning Comcast I was told the modem itself is out of date. However, the Comcast representative who told me this did not offer to send me a replacement, but instead instructed me to return it to a local office.

I don’t mind the drive, but I do feel I should have been offered free delivery as a valued Comcast customer. I also feel they should contact customers who may possess out of date equipment, since this is a product I lease form Comcast and I don’t own it. I just think they should make some effort to make leasees aware that upgraded service equipment is available.

I’m also a bit concerned with my cost of service. I ...

• pay about $60 a month for high-speed, but the actual service isn’t always all that fast. I suppose I could upgrade to an even higher speed, but I don’t think I should have to. I expect fast when I get a product called “high-speed”. Period. I don’t think there should be degrees of “high-speed”. Just let me load pages and surf quickly!

Actual service connectivity is usually reliable, and I have probably only had two or three outages

in at least as many years. It’s not fun to have any outages, but at leasst they are rare. I just don’t feel customer service is all that on top of things when I call with a proklem though. They are always polite, but I come away unsatisfied with the answer I get at least 30% of the time I call with a question.

I will continue to be a Comcast customer, at least until a better offer comes around!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 212002999101028/k2311a0220/2.20.10