Sally Hansen “Barely Apricot” French Manicure Nail Polish Set  » Cosmetics  »
  • As a busy mom and woman about town, I love the look of a neat, polished French manicure
  • However, I don't like shelling out big money at a nail salon every week to get it
  • When I found a Sally Hansen French Manicure kit at my local Walgreen's that had two bottles of polish, French tip guides and an orange stick for cuticles for around $5, I figured I was good to go
  • The kit I bought is called Barely Apricot , to give a natural pink look to the nail itself
  • I give this product an eight out of ten, which is pretty darn good, in my opinion

• by Jenn

I really like this Sally Hansen French Manicure set. The kit was inexpensive, worked as I expected it to, and left me with nice, clean looking manicure. As a busy mom and woman about town, I love the look of a neat, polished French manicure. However, I don’t like shelling out big money at a nail salon every week to get it! I prefer to do my own nails at home. When I found a Sally Hansen French Manicure kit at my local Walgreen’s that had two bottles of polish, French tip guides and an orange stick for cuticles for around $5, I figured I was good to go!

And I was right.

Truth be told, even with the stick-on half-moon nail guides the kit provides, it can still be difficult to achieve the same French Manicure look as you might get in the salon from a professional nail artist. However, I am fairly satisfied with the product itself, and my abilities improve each time I do my nails with the kit. The kit I bought is called “Barely Apricot”, to give a natural pink look to the nail itself. The nail polish bottles comes in two shades, the very-lightly tinted clear coat to be applied to the whole nail, and a white for the tips. My kit had ...

• a white that is called “Natural White”.

I like that this nail polish doesn’t get all gloppy and goopy when I’m using it. I hate a thick, sticky polish that won’t spread, and for something that needs clean lines, like a French manicure, it wouldn’t even work. I am satisfied with the fluidity of this Sally hansen polish.

The preliminary drying time is also acceptable, although the polish still feels a bit tacky even after an hour or more. The thing I don’t like about this polish is even when it feels dry, with any pressure, it will smudge for hours. If I apply this nail polish before bed, I had

better wait up at least two hours before laying down or I will wake up with those dreaded sheet marks! Dipping my nails in ice water for a minute or two sometimes helps, or sometimes I like spraying them down with a quick-dry polish setting agent. That seems to help set the polish firmly so I won’t mess it up.

Sally Hansen makes good quality, works-as-advertised type beauty products, and the nail polish line is no exception. For this reason, I will continue to use Sally Hansen nail products and would recommend them to my friends!

I give this product an eight out of ten, which is pretty darn good, in my opinion!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312002999071028/k2311a0220/2.20.10