Captain Sig Hansen  » TV  »
  • I like getting to watch Captain Sig and the Northwestern crew on the Dicovery Channel's Deadliest Catch

• by Jenn

Captain Sig Hansen runs the Northwestern, an enormous crab fishing rig that operates in the Bering Sea of Alaska. I like getting to watch Captain Sig and the Northwestern crew on the Dicovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch”. It’s intersting for me to watch him interact with his deckhands, and see how hard he work them. Captain Sig knows when

his crew is tired and over-worked, but he doesn’t seem to really care. He continues to work them beyond what one would think a normal man could endure, and yet his men carryon. I often think Captain Sig is too harsh, but I am not a crab fishing boat captain!

Sig obviously knows what he’s doing, even if ...

• he often comes off as a jerk, because his ship routinely brings in large hauls of crab to Dutch Harbor, where the crab boats offload their bounty.

At first, I didn’t care much for Captain Sig Hansen, but he has grown on me as I see that he really does care for his crew. Every now and then, Sig’s soft spot

comes through, and it is obvious to see he really does think of his crew as family. He simply has a very strong work ethic, and expects the same of his boat’s crew. He doesn’t take any back talk from his guys, nor should he. I can respect that, and so I can respect him as a captain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102002999061028/k2311a0220/2.20.10