Cathay Pacific  » Airlines  »
  • Your flying experience starts right after the moment you stepped into the airport and checked in you baggage until you stepped out of the aircraft
  • For me, the best flying experience I’ve had by far was that of the last time I travelled
  • I chose the latter because I had some trip to do in Hong Kong anyway so it was a more convenient way
  • Besides, this was suggested to me many times already so I thought I have to give this a try

• by scentiments

Your flying experience starts right after the moment you stepped into the airport and checked in you baggage until you stepped out of the aircraft. For me, the best flying experience I’ve had by far was that of the last time I travelled. I went to Paris last year and I was via Hong Kong. I only had two options Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific. I chose the latter because I had some trip to do in Hong Kong anyway so it was a more convenient way. Besides, this was suggested to me many times already so I thought I have to give this a try.

When

I arrived at the airport my first stop was the check in counter. I was both happy yet surprised that the check in counter opened right about the minute hand in my clock points to twelve. It was just in time, exactly by the minute. The phasing was perfectly timed and the representative was very polite and cordial. It takes me less than 5 minutes to check in my bags, get a seat assignment and may ticket processed.

Stepping into the aircraft was like a totally new experienced. It felt as though I was boarding a plane for the first time. I was enamoured by how big the cabin was. The aircraft was so spick and span. The carpet was new, not just vacuumed but it was sparkling new. The lavatory was another thing. It smelled nice like potpourri. Everything was spotless. I can’t put my finger on anything that was less than shinny clear.

I found myself snuggled in my seat. The seat was actually huge enough for me. The cushions were very relaxing almost tempting me to take a quick nap. The headrest was just about my reach and perfect for that quick nap. Everything was working well. All buttons are functional and is not complicated. In fact using the keys and buttons are ...

• Cathay Pacific
      so easy than even a child can use it without assistance.

When it comes to the meal, I didn’t know that I would be in for such a treat. The menu was exquisite. It felt like I was dining in a fine restaurant. The choices for a meal are mouth watering. They had steaks, herbed halibut and roasted chickens. All are served with a freshly baked muffin, sautéed vegetable and fresh fruits. I was even tempted to try their wide selection of fine wines served in a chilled glass.

Since I was in for a 16 hour flight I had to keep myself busy and entertained. It wasn’t hard to

entertain yourself with all the in-flight entertainment available for you to select from. There were individual screens for every passenger to enjoy a movie with a wide selection of newly released movies, a multitude option of songs and games. You are allowed to enjoy all these with a good quality headset assigned to every seat.

At the end of the day I was so satisfied with the service I received from Cathay Pacific. It was perhaps the best experience I had so far. Thanks to the excellent customer service provided by the crews and staffs of the airline company. They made me felt so welcomed and pampered the whole time.

Cathay Pacific

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401902998941128/k2311a0219/2.19.10