Cycle Fit of Wallingford  » Business  »
320 South Chester Road Wallingford, PA 19086
  • This only made me that much more certain to always look for everything online and avoid going to the shops at all cost
  • Even after I decided not to purchase the bike from them, they were very helpful when I ran into a few problems as I assembled the bike
  • I'd recommend it to anyone in the area and will likely continue to frequent them in the future whether it is for a fitting or for parts or perhaps for a new bike if that time ever comes again

• by Zeke Allen

Having only purchased a bicycle a few years ago and had the chance to visit a number of biking stores in the Philadelphia area, I’ve generally come away with a rather sour taste in my mouth about the way that folks treat you if you aren’t part of the in crowd. Of course that crowd can often have barriers like the amount of money you are willing to spend on a bike, whether you ride two hundred or more miles per week, or if you talk a mean game and try really hard to look good at every group ride. Too many times it seemed that folks were sort of tolerating me and begrudgingly helping me with service on my bike or with fitting or other things. There

were even places that appeared very unwilling to take my money for products they had on sale at their stores. This only made me that much more certain to always look for everything online and avoid going to the shops at all cost.

A good friend that I rode with recommended that I take a chance on visiting Cycle Fit as I was in the market for a new bike that I was going to be building for a friend of mine. The first employee that I spoke with there showed me a great bike that fit what we were looking for and was genuinely a fantastic deal. He didn’t pressure me about it and was more than happy to take a twenty dollar deposit and give me the ...

• chance to go home and think about it for a few days before making the decision. Even after I decided not to purchase the bike from them, they were very helpful when I ran into a few problems as I assembled the bike. They were very generous with their time and with some little bits of odds and ends that they literally gave me so I could finish up the process. They even offered to let me come in and borrow a tool or two if there were specific tools that I did not have access to.

Ever since then, I’ve been really excited to tell people about them. They have quite a large line of bikes that they sell, Trek, Fuji, etc., and they are equally happy

to service your top-end road bike as they are to help out with your kid’s first two wheeler and will gladly help you remove the training wheels when the time comes. Everyone I worked with or spoke to was very friendly and I never felt pressured or that I was left out of the cool in crowd. It was so refreshing to be in a place where folks seemed genuinely interested in helping me and willing to give advice without me forking over a few hundred bucks for the privilege. I’d recommend it to anyone in the area and will likely continue to frequent them in the future whether it is for a fitting or for parts or perhaps for a new bike if that time ever comes again!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411902998811128/k2311a0219/2.19.10