Showboat Branson Belle  » Travel  »
480 Street Highway 165, Branson, Missouri
  • They had a lot of showtoons, which I love and even a special talking dog show for the kids
  • If we didn't have out Silver Dollar City discount, we would not have a problem paying the regular prices, and we will most certianly be taking this cruise again

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We get season passes to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri yearly, so we try to get there at least four or five times a year. One thing we had never done was take a dinner cruise on the Showboat Branson Belle. We had thaught this was more of an adult trip and always had our kids with us. We have friends who had taken their children and said they had a wonderful time.

So, we reserved a dinner cruise for our whole family on one of our weekend stays this past

summer. The prices can be quite high for the dinner cruise, but with our Silver Dollar City passes we got a discount. It was under a hundred dollars for my husband and I, as well as our two young daughters.

We got there early enough to stroll around the boat before leaving the dock. This is one huge boat. By the time it was ready to leave dock there were hundred’s of people on board.

It was a little more crownded than I would have liked. It made wondering around a little harder, but not unmanageable. Right after leaving dock we were instructed to go to the dining room for dinner.

The entertainment was great. They had a lot of showtoons, which I love and even a special talking dog show for the kids. The band was great.

They played a variety of music, including dixie land, which the girl’s got a kick out of. It was a great variety show with a little of everything including comedy that had everyone laughing. The girls both got to dance with their Daddy, which they thaught ...

• Showboat Branson Belle
      was really neat.

The food was not exactly gourmet, but wasn’t that bad. The servers were wonderful and the Captian even came by and joked with the kids. We had taken this cruise during th day before, but never the dinner cruise.

I am so glad we did. The entertainment could not have been better and the lake at night is just so beautiful and calming. We had a great clear night, not a cloud in site.

The trip was about an hour and a half, and I am glad we took

it. Table Rock Lake is beautiful during the day, but this night cruise gave me even more appreciation of it’s beauty. My girl’s could not have been happier and they want to go again.

Even though the food is not that great, the rest of the cruise makes up for the price. If we didn’t have out Silver Dollar City discount, we would not have a problem paying the regular prices, and we will most certianly be taking this cruise again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381902998791128/k2311a0219/2.19.10