All-American Pizza Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I got out my usual pizza dough recipe, then realized my husband had gotten quick rise yeast instead of regular

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

My daughter had a little girlfriend stay over last weekend. We thought it would be fun to make homemade pizza’s. I got out my usual pizza dough recipe, then realized my husband had gotten quick rise yeast instead of regular.

With the quick rise it takes a lot less yeast than normal recipes call for. Instead of trying to

convert the amounts I used the recipe on the back of the quick rise yeast.

I a so glad I did. The crust turned out wonderful and you do not have to let it raise.

Ingredients you will need: 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 package quick rise yeast, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 cup water, and 2 tablespoons oil.

• In a bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, yeast, and salt, mix well.

In small pan combine oil and water and heat to 120-130 degrees, add to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until all moistioned, then on medium for three minutes.

Knead on flour surface for 3-5 minutes. Devide dough into two parts.

Press into two 12-14″

pans. (May want to put oil on hands to make this easier).

Top your pizzas with whateer sauce and topping you like. TIP: Place a little cheese on crust before sauce to keep crust from getting soggy.

Bake at 400 degrees for twenty five to thirty minutes, enjoy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491902998781128/k2311a0219/2.19.10