Nioxin Thinning Hair Therapy System
1.0
  • I sadly gave up, sorely disappointed in the product line and feeling cheated
  • A trip to my doctor ended with a product that did work for me, a medicated shampoo available just about anywhere for a third of the cost

• by Reviewabit

When my hair began to thin noticeably a year or so ago, my hairdresser highly recommended the Nioxin 3-part hair care system for thinning hair. Supposedly it was a miracle worker. So thirty-eight dollars later, I was at home carefully following the directions for the system #3 for color treated thinning hair. I had the shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment.

All three come in very official and scientific-looking bottles, and Nioxin claims that regular use will make the scalp a more healthy environment so that hair can regrow.

The shampoo felt gentle to my hair and scalp. There was a mild mentholated tingle, which was pleasant. The scalp treatment liquid had a more pronounced tingle and I was hoping ...

• that meant it was working. Overall, using the products was pleasant enough, and they seemed to add a bit of body and volume on their own, although really no more so than other volume shampoos I had tried. On my next haircut visit I was reassured that this takes time to work, so “keep using it and don’t worry.”

Two months later, I realized that my hair was not regrowing and neither was my money. I sadly gave up, sorely disappointed in the product line and feeling cheated. A trip to my doctor ended with a product that did work for me, a medicated shampoo available just about anywhere for a third of the cost. Nioxin - no results, no thanks.

Laura says :

My hair is in terrible shape. I have a fungal problem in the hair folicles. I was considering Nioxon products. What type of shampoo did y ou get from your doctor? Did your problem come back after awhile?

Laura

Reviewabit replies :

Hi Laura,
    The shampoo my doctor recommended is called Nizoral. It contains an antifungal. You can find it at most mass retailers and drug stores. I only had the problem to return once, and I just retreated with the Nizoral and it went away again. Good luck

R.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341902998651128/k2311a0219/2.19.10