Chubbles - Classic 1980’s Toy  » Other  »
  • I like the Chubbles with the purple robe best because that's the one I had when I was growing up
  • The best part of Chubbles for me is that his eyes and nose light up
  • I have a Chubbles now that I bought as an adult, just for fun because he was $10 on eBay or somewhere, and I just love him
  • I think all kids would love one, but they are hard to find

• by Jenn

I’m reviewing my favorite childhood toy, a stuffed animal called Chubbles. Chubbles was a semi-popular children’s toy manufactured in the early 1980’s, and discontinued after only a few years. I loved Chubbles because to me, he looked like a little, cream-colored furry Ewok type creature. I love his fat little body! He’s stocky and soft, with a cute face and little arms and legs. So nice to cuddle up and snuggle with when I was a child!

Chubbles wears a hooded little robe, which come in

several colors including purple, teal blue, and light blue. I like the Chubbles with the purple robe best because that’s the one I had when I was growing up! The robe’s are sewn in and can’t be removed.

The best part of Chubbles for me is that his eyes and nose light up. When light is turned off in the same room with Chubbles, he “chiggles” ( a funny giggle sound he makes), and the “fireflies” in his nose light up. Its very cute.

I have a Chubbles ...

• now that I bought as an adult, just for fun because he was $10 on eBay or somewhere, and I just love him. He’s adorable! He sits on my bookcase, and you almost forget he’s there until you turn off a light and that odd little giggle scares the pants off of you! It drives my husband crazy.

My Chubbles still has his tag, which I wanted because the tag tells the funny little story of “Chubbles”, including where he comes from (Chase-A-Tail Dale, which is right near

Firefly Forest), and reminding me I can tell my troubles to a Chubble, because “Chubbles never, ever tell!”. They can’t, they don’t have mouths!

This is seriously my favorite odd little eighties memorabilia ever!! I really loved my Chubbles when I was a kid, the funny part is I still do as a grown person! That is the mark of a good, classic toy. I think all kids would love one, but they are hard to find. Check out online sites to try and find your own Chubbles!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121902998241028/k2311a0219/2.19.10