TGI Friday’s Tostado Nachos
0.5
  • The only time a dish like this would taste good is if you’re drunk, which I don’t recommend (getting drunk or ordering this dish)

• by carblover

My review of this appetizer can be summed up in these words – what a greasy mess! The only time a dish like this would taste good is if you’re drunk, which I don’t recommend (getting drunk or ordering this dish). I ordered this appetizer because I’m an avid lover of nachos. But I was misled by the title and the description. To call this dish “nachos” is kind of a misnomer – it was more of a tostada.

First of all, the horrible service and long waiting period put me in

a sour mood. If they were taking this long, I expected some really good nachos; I would’ve settled for decent nachos. I got was something far from that. These “nachos” were supposed to have bacon-infused refried beans, meat, and cheese topped with jalapenos. What I got were soggy whole corn tortillas, each topped with an overwhelming amount of cheese with a single slice of jalapeno in the center of each one. There were so much cheese (which I suspect was processed cheese) that I couldn’t tell if there was any beans or ...

• meat. There were bits of brown here and there – I assume that was either meat or beans but surely not both. The cheese was too much! I didn’t taste any smokiness from the bacon-infused beans… I didn’t taste any spiciness from the meat… All I tasted was nauseating amounts of cheese! It was greasy, void of flavor, and just plain unappetizing.

In the middle of the greasy messy was some gloppy guacamole and runny sour cream. The only positive thing was the salsa – it looked like it was

made from fresh tomatoes with onions and cilantro. It was the only appealing food on the plate.

Overall, it was a dissatisfying plate of food. This was not nachos – it was their version of Mexican pizza. I normally love cheese but TGI Friday’s use of this ingredient did not do justice to this beloved food. It lacked the other star ingredient (beans and meat), but most of all, it lacked flavor. I wouldn’t recommend it, but if you’re still intrigued enough to try this appetizer, I warn you to expect heartburn afterwards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998211028/k2311a0219/2.19.10