Chili’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich  » Food  »
  • I prefer chicken over ground meat when it comes to hot sandwiches
  • I get a lot of gift cards from people because they know I love food
  • I was impressed from the size of the chicken – it was thick and had wonderful grill marks

• by carblover

I prefer chicken over ground meat when it comes to hot sandwiches. Combine that with cheese and bacon and I’m sold. I get a lot of gift cards from people because they know I love food. When I got one for Chili’s, I was tempted to try to baby-back ribs, which is what their known for. Remember the jingle they used to have? But when I saw the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with swiss cheese and bacon, there was no

question that I would order it.

I liked that they gave me the option of ordering it on a wheat bun; it had a nutty flavor that contributed to the overall flavor. I was impressed from the size of the chicken – it was thick and had wonderful grill marks. I could tell it was actual chicken and not the preformed stuff because I could taste the muscle fibers. The chicken was smoky and hearty; it was a little on the dry ...

• side but the flavor made up for it. The cheese was nutty and nicely melted onto the chicken, and the bacon was cooked not too crispy (also a plus). The vegetables were crunchy – a telltale sign of freshness. I liked the honey-mustard dressing because it was the right balance of sweet and tangy. It didn’t over-power the chicken and helped bridge the flavor difference between the chicken and the vegetables. It also came with a side of fries
        that were natural cut and reasonably crispy.

I don’t have major complaints with this sandwich. Only that the chicken was a bit dry and they were skimpy with the lettuce. Overall, this was a better chicken sandwich than the one at Applebee’s. The chicken was heartier and the honey-mustard dressing complemented it well. The fries were better too; it wasn’t overly greasy and not too salty. Compared with Applebee’s, I’d say the chicken sandwich at Chili’s was better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998201028/k2311a0219/2.19.10