Applebee’s Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich  » Food  »
2.5
  • The BBQ wasn’t the best – it was too sweet and tangy to properly complement with the chicken
  • I think the sandwich would have tasted better without the BBQ sauce – it’s all I tasted
  • If you’re a chicken lover and prefer BBQ sauce, I would recommend this sandwich at Applebee’s

• by carblover

I tried almost every chicken sandwich that has been offered at sit-in and fast food restaurants. When someone gave me a gift card for Applebee’s for my birthday, I tried their Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich. It sounded hearty and promising – grilled chicken breast with BBQ sauce and cheese and bacon. Something with bacon can’t fail, right?

It turns out I wasn’t too disappointed. The chicken was an

actual chicken breast – none of that minced meat patty stuff. It was nicely grilled, as promised, but not juicy (also promised). It was a bit dense; it took work to sink my teeth into that piece of meat. The BBQ wasn’t the best – it was too sweet and tangy to properly complement with the chicken. There were two different kinds of cheese, which was nicely melted, and the bacon was good, although it was cooked too much to a crisp. The vegetables were fresh, but they were skimpy with the pickles (just one chip). The sandwich also came with fries, which weren’t the best. They were natural cut, but they weren’t crispy; they felt like they had been sitting in lukewarm oil for a while before being fully fried. These fries were ...

• Applebee’s Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich
      limp and greasier than it should be.

I think the sandwich would have tasted better without the BBQ sauce – it’s all I tasted. I wanted to taste the chicken, cheeses, and bacon, but I didn’t because the sauce was too strong. If I were to order this sandwich again, I would omit the sauce and ask for mustard. Also, they didn’t toast the buns, which would have made

the sandwich taste better.

Overall, the chicken sandwich was hearty and delivered what it promised. The chicken was nicely grilled and the cheese and bacon combination made the sandwich all the more soul-satisfying. The BBQ sauce was a turn-off, but the vegetables were fresh and added a nice refreshing crunch to the sandwich. If you’re a chicken lover and prefer BBQ sauce, I would recommend this sandwich at Applebee’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998181028/k2311a0219/2.19.10