Steak ‘N Shake Grilled Chicken Sandwich
1.5
  • Steak ‘N Shake Grilled Chicken Sandwich I know when you go to a hamburger joint you’re suppose to get the hamburger
  • So when I saw a menu item called the Grilled Chicken sandwich at Steak ‘N Shake, I decided to give it a shot
  • But this experience at Steak ‘N Shake was not one of them
  • I like a little meaty quality to my French fries, and these fries weren’t my cup of tea
  • If you must have a chicken sandwich, I would recommend the grilled chicken wrap at McDonalds

• by carblover

Steak ‘N Shake Grilled Chicken Sandwich I know when you go to a hamburger joint you’re suppose to get the hamburger. But when there are little healthier options on the menu, I generally go for it. So when I saw a menu item called the Grilled Chicken sandwich at Steak ‘N Shake, I decided to give it a shot. Normally, most of my chicken sandwiches experiences are positive, whether it was deep-fried or grilled. But this experience at Steak ‘N Shake was not one of them. Let’s just say they didn’t take much creative liberty with this sandwich.

If you expect to get an actual piece of grilled chicken breast on this sandwich, don’t.

What you get is a preformed chicken patty that had been injected with a salt solution (which they called being “marinated”). I assumed it was full breast meat because the patty was pale aside from the grill marks but it’s questionable. Since it’s a performed patty, you don’t taste any muscle fibers and the chicken flavor is not very strong. It tastes like minced chicken pumped with a salt-based solution. It clearly was not worth the $6 I paid. At least the vegetable (lettuce, tomato and onions) were fresh and the bun was sweet and buttery. But that didn’t compensate for the chicken, which was a disappointment. The condiments weren’t special either, just ...

• plain commercial mayo. They didn’t try to make this chicken sandwich their signature or try to specialize it. There was a complete lack of imagination.

As for the taste, it was tasty. Why shouldn’t it be – they didn’t take any risks. It wasn’t anything unique that you can only find at this restaurant. They didn’t try to put a special marinade or even a signature sauce. It was a chicken sandwich with the usual elements. You could probably get it at any diner, at any restaurant and with actual chicken in it for a dollar more. You also get a side of “thin ‘n crispy” fries, which are basically shoestring

fries that are more like chips. I like a little meaty quality to my French fries, and these fries weren’t my cup of tea.

Overall, it’s not a chicken sandwich that will have you coming back to Steak ‘N Shake for more. And the cost doesn’t add any incentive either – a whooping $6 for a bland sandwich and potato sticks. For a little more than half the cost, I would have been much more satisfied with the fish sandwich. At least with this sandwich, I get thick flaky fish. My recommendation is to save your money and spend it on something else. If you must have a chicken sandwich, I would recommend the grilled chicken wrap at McDonalds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998171028/k2311a0219/2.19.10