Baja Fresh Vegetarian Nachos
  • Also, for the cost of a burrito, you get so much more with nachos
  • What I love is that the nachos come with freshly grated cheese that they melt on

• by carblover

When I’m in the west coast, I always visit Baja Fresh. It’s a health-conscious Mexican restaurant that doesn’t use lard, trans-fats, and MSG. I usually get their nachos because their chips taste so fresh – they deep-fry tortillas around the clock to supply their customers with fresh complimentary chips. Also, for the cost of a burrito, you get so much more with nachos.

What I love is that the nachos come with freshly grated cheese that they melt on. Other

restaurants use queso because they don’t have to put in the time of melting the cheese. I don’t know about you but I hate processed cheese. Baja Fresh not only uses fresh cheese but they use two different kinds, Jack and Cheddar. The beans in the nachos taste like they freshly made it that morning – they still hold their shape, plump, and well-seasoned.

My favorite part of the nachos is the pico de gallo. I’ve never tasted ...

• anything like. I’m constantly trying to figure out what that “hmmm” ingredient is every time I taste it. The salsa is really well-rounded, fresh, and just rightly seasoned – I can’t get enough of it. The wonderful thing is that I can because the restaurant has a free salsa bar where you can get all you want of their signature salsa. The nachos may not have lettuce or other fresh vegetables but the salsa is so good that it’s
        the only fresh topping you need. There’s also guacamole and sour cream on the nachos, which add a nice element of creaminess to the dish.

Overall, the nachos are hearty, fresh, and a satisfying comfort food that you can have for lunch at an affordable price. Once you’ve tried nachos with freshly-fried chips, you’ll never go back to packaged chips again. Another good thing is that you know that is lard-free, trans-fat-free, and MSG-free. Can you say that about other Mexican restaurants?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998161028/k2311a0219/2.19.10