Moe’s Southwest Grill Billy Barou Nachos
  • When it comes to nachos, I love messy eating
  • I was happy with the generous amounts of meat and beans, and also how well they were cooked
  • I was also able to add shredded lettuce, tomato, and onions without extra cost
  • The salsa tasted fresh, but needed a little more acid in my opinion
  • It was just the way I like it – overloaded

• by carblover

In the west coast, I relied on a restaurant called Baja Fresh for good, filling nachos. When I moved to the Midwest, there weren’t any branches of that restaurant so I went on a venture to find another good nacho place. A friend introduced me to Moe’s Southwest Grill for affordable food. I tried their Billy Barou Nachos and knew, at last, I’ve found my new nacho place.

When it comes to nachos, I love messy eating. For me, the main requirement for nachos to be good is

to be overloaded with toppings. The Billy Barou nachos comes with a meat of your choosing, beans, cheese sauce, salsa, olives, and jalapenos – but it isn’t limited to only those toppings. They offer five meat options – the chicken is my favorite – and two different kinds of beans to choose from. I was happy with the generous amounts of meat and beans, and also how well they were cooked. I’m not partial to cheese sauce so they freely substituted it with grated cheese. I ...

• was also able to add shredded lettuce, tomato, and onions without extra cost.

The meat was tender and well-seasoned; my only complaint is that I wished they had cut it into smaller pieces. The beans were a bit bland but other saltiness of the other ingredients compensated for it. The salsa tasted fresh, but needed a little more acid in my opinion. In general, the restaurant was so generous with the toppings that every chip I put into my mouth was topped with something.

One negative thing was

the price. These nachos cost more than what I would pay for at Baja Fresh – about $2 more. Also, I wish the salsa bar included the pico de gallo and not just the picante sauces; at Baja Fresh, the salsa was all-you-can-have. Another thing is that they charge you money for adding guacamole.

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the nachos at Moe’s. It was just the way I like it – overloaded. They didn’t contest when I requested a little extra of certain toppings and substitutions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998151028/k2311a0219/2.19.10