Kashi Go Lean Cereal
  • Since I love crunchy snacks and cereals, this Kashi cereal was an ideal choice for me
  • You definitely feel like you’re eating a health food
  • What I like to do is to mix sugary cereal with it for the nutrition as well as taste
  • When it is on sale, I suggest you buy several boxes because you don’t know when it goes on sale again

• by carblover

As a vegetarian, I am constantly searching for different sources of protein. Since I don’t know how to cook very well, my beans and tofu dishes end up tasting bland and void of flavor. Since I love crunchy snacks and cereals, this Kashi cereal was an ideal choice for me. It is high protein, high fiber, and low fat. What more can you ask fro from a food. The drawback is that it is extremely crunchy; you need really durable jaws to eat it. It is very different from popular cereals out

there today. You definitely feel like you’re eating a health food. Of course this will turn away many people from trying it. The picture on the box is reason enough: it literally looks like dog food. Add to that the bland taste that makes you question if they added any sugar at all.

However, this combination of high protein, high fiber, and low sugar is exactly the reason why people like me buy this cereal in the first place. It is low on the glycemic index and will not cause a sugar rush ...

• throughout the day. In fact, it will keep you satiated until lunch time. I also like to carry it around as a portable snack on the go for when I need a little pick me up until the next meal. It is as crunchy as crackers and has enough fiber to fulfill me and keep me full.

In milk, it remains crunchy although many people will probably be tempted to add sugar in order to improve its taste. What I like to do is to mix sugary cereal with it for the nutrition as

well as taste. I find that mixing cereals are also a way to keep the costs for cereals down. Kashi is not known to be on sale too often. With my budget, I would not be able to purchase healthy cereal too often since the healthier cereals are, the more expensive they tend to be. So basically, I mix the healthier cereals like Kashi Go Lean with cereals like frosted flakes or corn pops. When it is on sale, I suggest you buy several boxes because you don’t know when it goes on sale again.

Kashi Go Lean Cereal

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902998141028/k2311a0219/2.19.10