Singapore Zoological Gardens  » Travel  »
  • I like the Splash Safari show best of all
  • It features the clever sea lion and the show is more fast-paced than the rest, thus not as boring

• by Princess Sarah

This is the third time I visit the Singapore Zoological Gardens this year. The first time I went with my sister and her family, the second with my friend and her niece and the third time with my husband.

We had a lot of fun at the Singapore Zoological Gardens. I discovered that my daughter knows the names of many animals found at the zoo. I was as much thrilled with that as my daughter is, looking at all the animals. Initially, she could not say hippo. After a few times visiting the zoo and reiterating to her that

it’s called hippo, not pippo, it was great to see her knowing all her animals.

There are lots of attractions at the Singapore Zoological Gardens. But the main ones include the three shows, namely the Rainforest Fights Back Show, the Splash Safari Show and the Elephants at Work and Play Show. I like the Splash Safari show best of all. It features the clever sea lion and the show is more fast-paced than the rest, thus not as boring. The Elephants at Work and Play Show mainly depicts the tasks these elephants could do while the Rainforest show tries ...

• to portray the importance of preserving and maintaining the rainforest ecosystem.

Another exciting attraction at the Singapore Zoological Gardens is the Rainforest Kidzworld, a water play area for young kids. If you come here during the weekends or during festive season, this area is packed with kids and their parents surrounding the area. It is also an area where kids can be in close proximity with some of the animals such as the pony, goat and rabbit.

There is only ONE fast food restaurant, KFC there at the Rainforest Kidzworld. As such, when we arrived at the location to have

lunch, the queue was extremely long. We waited a long time before it was our turn to order our food. I guess this is a feedback to the Singapore Zoological Gardens to provide more fast food restaurants at the area.

You can also take a boat ride that will bring you from the Rainforest Kidzworld to the entrance of the zoo. When you are at the zoo, do not forget to snap photos with the animals, namely parrots, pony, orang utan and elephants.

All in all, the Singapore Zoological Gardens is a great place for families to spend time over the weekend!

Melissa says :

Hello. I am doing an assignment on the zoo and would like to hear your feedback regarding the live shows. You mentioned that you went to the zoo 3 times in the year. May I ask if you watch all 3 live shows during all your 3 visits? Also, may I just know which year is it that you are talking about in your review? I hope you hear from you soon. Thank you (:

Gold says :

Hi, my family and I just came from Singapore Zoo last February. Although we didn’t watch all the live shows, we did go to the Elephants at Work and Play which we totally enjoyed. The elephants and their mahouts were very entertaining and had a lot of tricks. I think it lasted for about 30 minutes. The show is by the river so there’s a bit of walking involved. I also think that it’s one of the most anticipated acts since the place was jam-packed when we arrived that we had to stand the whole time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381902997750928/k2311a0219/2.19.10