Distortion+feedbacker stompbox:Line 6 Tone Core Dr. Distorto  » Electronics  »
1.0
  • I played with the options, the sound went stronger, after playing some more I found a decent sound to play stuff like AC/DC, but nothing heavier then that

• by svarog
      I got this stompbox to play some heavy metal stuff such as Iron Maiden, Hammerfall etc. In the shop they gave me to try it with a 50W Marshall Amp, and a Dean Flying V guitar.

It sounded totally awesome back then, almost any sound I wished to

produce, it could.

I grabbed the thing for 97$, and went home happy, plugged it to my 15W Marshall amp, plugged my ESP F-50 guitar to it, stroke a few power chords, and… A light, dry sound came out of the amp, with almost no tone at all.

/> I played with the options, the sound went stronger, after playing some more I found a decent sound to play stuff like AC/DC, but nothing heavier then that.

Totally useless for me as a distortion, better use my cheap ZOOM multi effect, but I still had a feedbacker ...

• Distortion+feedbacker stompbox:Line 6 Tone Core Dr. Distorto
      to try out.

And the feedbacker wasn’t any good either.

I hoped it will just give me a good sustain, but no, it didn’t give me that at all, it jsut plays the note you’ve played for really really long, you can’t do any bends while the feedbacker

operates, what’s worse, sometimes i let the note loose, but the feedbacker kept playing, as though no change has occured.

In the bottom line- may be nice to play ligh stuff such as Jazz or country, or for somebody who wants experiment with the feedbacker, but for a metalhead like me, it’s totally useless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16261099771131/k2311a1026/10.26.06