Canon Pixma IP 1980 (Inkjet Printer)
  • Since I have used this printer (iP1980) 4 month ago, I feel very satisfied with the result compared with the price that is very affordable for me(I bought iP 1980 just for Rp 485000(+/- US$50) at carrefour surabaya)
  • And, another problem is the price of original cartridges are very expensive compared to the printer
  • At summary, I think iP 1980 is a normal printer, which have a lot of plus point, but also some minus point

• by robert838

Since I have used this printer (iP1980) 4 month ago, I feel very satisfied with the result compared with the price that is very affordable for me(I bought iP 1980 just for Rp 485000(+/- US$50) at carrefour surabaya).

With the speed of 21ppm/17ppm of standard printing, I can done my printing at not-really-much time. The result is nice when we used the Original

Cartridges from Canon. Moreover, this printer also helps me to print 4×6″ photo, with borderless, so I don’t need to go to the printing center outside, and anything can be done with my simple printer.

This printer also help me to print duplex. When I printed drafts or some documents, duplex is very helpful because we will saved ’till 50% paper. Also there ...

• is feature of grayscale printing, that makes printing become simple for me. Other features, such as choosing printing quality also help me when I printing photo, I just need to click “high qulaity”, but when I printing draft, just click “draft quality”.

But, because the price is cheap and affordable, the function is not really complete, such as the duplex should be done

manually.

And, another problem is the price of original cartridges are very expensive compared to the printer.

For the replacement of cartridges, I need to spend Rp335000 (+/-US$35). The cartridges with normal usage will run out in 4-5months.

At summary, I think iP 1980 is a normal printer, which have a lot of plus point, but also some minus point.

Jaimie says :

How to fix the ink cartridge. Got it 2nd hand without manual

Jules Li says :

I’m not sure of exactly what you mean by fixing the ink cartridge. Ink cartridges are not repairable. If you have a problem with the ink cartridge you will have to replace them. However, you can re-fill them if you’re out of ink.

ajit says :

why i chhos canon pixma then hp1668 is it better than hp1668 pls compare both

Galega says :

Both of these printers are being sold at the same price point. I would prefer Canon for its print quality. It offers better print quality as compared to hp printers. Canon has far more scanning options, such as more dpi than hp printers, removing folds and creases during scan, black and white scan and so on.

jessen says :

how to print document as draft in canon pixma ip 1980

Galega says :

Following steps may guide you to print a document as draft:
    Display the Word Options dialog box.
    At the left side of the dialog box click Advanced.
    Scroll through the available options until you see the Print section.
    Make sure the Use Draft Quality check box is selected.
    Click on OK.
    Print your document. That’s all you are required to do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161802997540928/k2311a0218/2.18.10