Street Kings Movie  » Movies  »
  • However, when my husband bought this DVD and asked me to watch with him, I was impressed that it kept me engrossed right till the end of the movie
  • I thought that I'd have lost interest in it half way

• by Princess Sarah

I’m not a big fan of action-packed thriller movies. However, when my husband bought this DVD and asked me to watch with him, I was impressed that it kept me engrossed right till the end of the movie. I thought that I’d have lost interest in it half way.

I must accredit the movie largely to the two main actors Keanu Reeves (stars as Tom Ludlow) and Forest Whitaker (stars as Captain Wander). These two great

actors have captured my interest and they deserve mention for their superb acting skills. I must say that I tend to compare Keanu Reeves in his acting in the Matrix trilogy which was superb, making his acting in Street Kings to be less than fantastic. However, I must not compare in that manner since he played different roles in the two movies.

Street Kings is an action-packed crime thriller, featuring Ludlow as a seasoned detective who ...

• is fond of finding brutal justice on the streets. However when a murder case of a former police mate turned enemy pointed at him as a suspect, he became suspicious and seek out the truth and justice for the murder. As he did so, his life became jeopardised and he realised that he could no longer trusted anyone. The question is whether the truth would get him massacred.

Despite the fact that the movie is full

of blood and gore, I must say that they are tastefully done. I did not particularly like the foul language used Street Kings. As such, parents have to beware when they allow their children to watch this movie. The story is very well-written with a violent twist at the end. Street Kings was directed by David Ayer who also wrote Training Day and S.W.A.T.

Overall, I must say that Street Kings is a wonderful movie for action-packed movie lovers!

Street Kings Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111802997520828/k2311a0218/2.18.10