RCA DLP Big Screen TV  » Electronics  »
  • I love this television and it�s amazing
  • I paid $4000 two years ago, so I was freaking out, because, of course, like most televisions it only had a one year warranty
  • It came, looked like a small flood light type light bulb�nothing special, it was fairly easy to replace and my tv is now working�but anyone looking at investing in one these, needs to know that there is limited life to these bulbs and they cost a fortune to replace

• by Cathy
      RCA big screen DLP TV is awesome. I love this television and it�s amazing. Its so light weight two women can move it.

It�s thin so it can sit close to a wall. The best part is the picture.

Since it has a sort of rough plastic screen, there is no glare like regular projection TV�s. The

picture is bright and clear.

NOW the negative part of it. I turned it on the other day and there was sound, but no picture.

I paid $4000 two years ago, so I was freaking out, because, of course, like most televisions it only had a one year warranty. I went searching for my manual and used the ...

• trouble shooting section to figure out that the lamp had blown�.

Oh what a relief. So, I called RCA to order one.

I was stunned when they said $414!!!! It�s just a light bulb!! I had to get it replaced as I have too much invested not to. I went on Ebay and found someone who sells replacement

bulbs and got one for $250.

Still too much for a light bulb. It came, looked like a small flood light type light bulb�nothing special, it was fairly easy to replace and my tv is now working�but anyone looking at investing in one these, needs to know that there is limited life to these bulbs and they cost a fortune to replace.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16241099750331/k2311a1024/10.24.06