Marketa’s Bed & Breakfast in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada  » Hotels  »
239 Superior St. Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1T4 Canada
  • The girls had left us a tray with a little champagne chilling in ice with 2 glasses, some chocolates and flowers cut from the amazing garden
  • We also really enjoyed meeting other travellers

• by alizzyray

My husband and I visited Victoria in July 2009 for our anniversary and we had made reservations at Marketa’s B&B. We arrived earlier than check in time so our room still had guests occupying it but we were given our room key and were able to leave our bags while we headed out to explore Victoria.

The house dates back from the early 1920s. Its just gorgeous! Marketas is located in a beautiful Victoria neighbourhood called James Bay. I think the location was a real plus! We were able to

walk downtown in about 15 minutes and the walk is very scenic. You can also walk to two harbours and the ocean! Very beautiful homes and architecture!

When we returned we found our bags upstairs in our delightful room. The girls had left us a tray with a little champagne chilling in ice with 2 glasses, some chocolates and flowers cut from the amazing garden! A really nice touch! Our room featured a jacuzzi soaker tub, fireplace, tv and queen four poster bed!

The next morning we went downstairs for ...

• breakfast. We are early risers so we had our choice of seats. There are 2 tables inside or 2 outside on the patio. We sat outside. Marketas is staffed by a crew of delightful young women who offered us fresh from the oven muffins, and beverages. The menu offered quite a few items. I ordered pancakes and my husband tried the eggs florentine. While we were waiting for our food we were greeted by Gilbert, the tame Seagull that comes alone every morning! I must comment on the beautiful
        way our meals were presented! Both our plates came with a side of fresh fruit and my pancakes were topped with plenty more! Both our meals were delicious. We didn’t eat lunch that day!

The next morning I tried the the bagel with salmon and my husband tried the french toast. It was amazing as well! We also met Marketa who cooks everything herself! We also really enjoyed meeting other travellers!!

Overall I would recommend Marketas B&B! It was the perfect anniversary! Great food, great staff and great location! We will go back!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21802997450828/k2311a0218/2.18.10