Jim Laab Music Store

• by Cathy
      JIM LAAB’S MUSIC. Was the best experience I�ve had a purchasing something major via the internet. I desperately wanted a baby grand piano for my new house, however, a zillion trips to music stores, some near and some quite far away, left me feeling very depressed. I specifically wanted a black gloss baby grand�. didn�t care what brand and I don�t have enough musical knowledge to care is it was a �good� one.

I just wanted something inexpensive. Well, what I found out, is there is no such thing. Well, let me rephrase that�. I found only ONE reasonably priced

place and it was on the internet.

What I did was went to the local music store and had them show me their cheapest baby grand�. which was a 5�3� Ritmuller. They said the average retail was $12,000 but they could sell it to me for $8900. That was still out of my league.

So, after finding Jim Laab�s, I called and spoke to one of the owners. He was friendly and helpful. I told him the model I was looking at and I told him I was at the other end of the country from him.

• He called me back and hour later and said he could sell me the same piano, brand new, with full warranty for $5900 including delivery and set up in my home!!!!!! I was so excited.

It was a little more than I had planned to spend (before I figured out how expensive pianos are) so, Mr. Laab offered me financing and gave me approval in less than 5 minutes. It took 2 weeks for me to get the call from a local piano delivery company who came immediately to deliver and set it up. It was beautiful.

Shipping

did result in one very minor chip on a bottom edge (you can see it unless you are under the piano and when I say small, I mean 1inch long and a 1/16 inch wide�almost like a scratch except that it is on an edge). Mr. Laab was quick to offer repair money. Anyway, I would buy anything from these people They are honest and helpful.

1055 MAIN ST STEVENS POINT, WI 54481 USA 715. 341. 1666 www. jimlaabs.

com. And just as a footnote, below is the website for piano values that the local music store gave me when I was searching. http://www. bluebookofpianos.

com/ritmuller. htm

Jerry says :

re : Was the best experience I�ve had a purchasing something major via the internet
    I checked several local piano ads here in Dallas and was intrigued by the prices for comparable pianos that were advertised by Jim Laab pianos in Minnesota. I am not a pianist, but have some musical experience. I bought and sold pianos to work my way through grad school in the late 1960s. My wife of 50 years is an excellent pianist, and she trusted me to buy an appropriate piano for us. After talking to Marty, the Jim Laab store manager, on the phone, I flew to Minnesota on a Sunday morning to meet him and to evaluate a carefully refurbished 1988 Yamaha G5 Grand piano, which I bought on the spot. I arranged for his folks to deliver it to Texas (for $ 400 ) , and am thoroughly pleased with it after two months or so. I recently had it tuned for the first time since its trip from Minnesota and Texas, and the tuner agreed with my appraisal that the piano is an excellent instrument and that the price was very favorable. I am confident that I will enjoy this purchase for the rest of my life. So I regard my experience as an excellent one, and I recommend the company enthusiastically. Yes, you can make major purchases via the internet if you know what you are looking for, and if you are careful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14241099740331/k2311a1024/10.24.06