Kita Portable MW/FM Stereo Radio Cassette Recorder with CD Player RX-816  » Electronics  »
  • The first thing I like about this device is its design which is round, sort of a funky shape
  • In addition, this player also supports CD/CDR music without a problem
  • Another interesting feature for me is that it has a built-in microphone already which means that I can record music or my voice and that of my kids without a problem

• by bethbarl

I got this CD player years ago because apart from the kitchen, I also wanted a portable one in my bedroom. The first thing I like about this device is its design which is round, sort of a funky shape. Its metallic grey color is perfect for blending it with the mostly black and white colors in my bedroom.

The next thing I like about it is that it is so light and easy to transport, I did not think that it could actually emit a powerful sound. But, it does and the playback sound is crisp and clear.

I find that its LCD display quite useful as it gives me an idea which track is playing (it has a top loading CD player). If I am playing cassettes, then a digital led display shows and for the radio, there is a

CFD display. I also like that it has a 16 track programmable memory which makes it easy for me to store my favorite tracks on a particular CD. Instead of waiting for the song to finish, I just use this function to play all my tracks all at once without skipping tracks or fast forwarding them. I can even repeat some tracks with just one button or repeat all.

In addition, this player also supports CD/CDR music without a problem. Another interesting feature for me is that it has a built-in microphone already which means that I can record music or my voice and that of my kids without a problem. The recorded quality (for voice) though is not so good and has a lot of distortions. In the beginning, I used this recorder for audio materials which my kids needed ...

• for school. It was useful for a while but in the end, I got a real voice recorder for better audio quality..

I also like that this recorder can be used with or without batteries. And, it even can be switched from 110 to 220 volts when needed. I actually had no use for this function as most of the places I brought it to use 220 volts. I just thought this is a useful function which makes this recorder quite ambivalent. In fact, I never saw this function in the other cassette recorders I have in the house.

The only thing I can complain about is its CD player lid which goes by depressing the corner flap to open and load CDs in it. Over the years of using this player, the flap does not close anymore on its own. The

CD player won’t work unless the lid is closed. As a solution, I pile a heavy book on it. This can be annoying but the player still runs CDs despite this malfunction.

For a mere $ 35, I find this to be a good deal. It has also served me well in the last 5 or more years as an additional source of music and news in the comfort of my bedroom. I would not hesitate to buy this brand again if available as my daughter is asking for her own player. It is extremely easy to use and figure out, has a nice design, very portable and gives me nearly all the functions I need from playing CDs and cassettes (which I have more of than MP3 tunes) to listening to the radio for the news or the latest pop songs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161802997040828/k2311a0218/2.18.10