Elite Pressure Cooker by Fagor  » Housewares  »
  • I am now able to get dinner on the table in a fraction of the time, my family loves how tender everything comes out, and I can be happy knowing that I am giving them food with more vitamins and nutrients than ever before

• by Jude244

While visiting my mom a few weeks ago, I was introduced to my first pressure cooker. With her Elite Pressure Cooker by Fagor, my mom was able to cook meals in one third the time and everything had such incredible flavor. Besides saving time she also told me that the food cooked was much healthier since it retains more of its water soluble vitamins. After hearing the health benefits and tasting the flavor for myself, I went out and found Elite at my local Macy’s.

Essentially the Elite pressure cooker works when an air tight seal is formed after the lid has been properly locked down in place. The seal suppresses the steam created from the food as it heats inside the cooker. The liquid in the

pressure cooker eventually reaches a boiling point of 212 degrees and then the steam that is created causes the pressure to begin to rise. This unit happens to have two pressure settings, low or 212 degrees or high at 250 degrees.

The Elite pressure cooker isn’t hard to use. It only has 12 pieces: the main pot, its lid, the base and lid handles, a gasket, vent, safety valve, pressure safety lock, heat base, and the temperature indicator.

When you are ready to begin cooking for the first time, select the operating valve pressure setting by sliding the pressure lock button down toward the end of the handle, then turn the lid handle right while holding the base handle with your left hand. Next, add the food ...

• and liquid to the pot but only fill the pot two third of the way full, or one half of the way full just in case the foods have tendency to expand in size. Put the lid on the cooker by lining up at the indentation and by pressing down on them. Next, turn it clockwise until the two handles match up and lock together. Once locked, slide the pressure lock up towards the lid and choose your pressure setting position. Finally, put the cooker on your stove burner and begin heating on high. Adjust the steam valve once it begins so that it is a steady, gentle stream. After the food is done cooking, simply remove the cooker from the heat to let the steam pressure drop naturally.
        Never ever attempt to open it while it is still under pressure! If need be place the pot under cold running water to cause an immediate pressure drop. That’s basically all there is to it!

There is a small amount of trial an error while learning how long to cook various items, but for the most part you can easily look up the items in the included cookbook. I was able to get the hang of it pretty quickly and boy am I glad I did. I am now able to get dinner on the table in a fraction of the time, my family loves how tender everything comes out, and I can be happy knowing that I am giving them food with more vitamins and nutrients than ever before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531802997020828/k2311a0218/2.18.10