Lisa See - Author
  • Lisa See primarily writes fiction stories centered in Asian culture, and when I'm reading her work, I love that I'm learning about new things while unraveling an intense, imaginative storyline
  • I know I'm getting a glimpse into another culture when I'm reading Lisa See's novels, and I really like that and find it exciting
  • Definately an interesting read as a modern woman
  • I definately recommend Lisa See as an author
  • She will take you on amazing adventures in Asian culture, international intrigue and love

• by Jenn

Lisa See is one of my favorite fiction writing authors. Lisa See primarily writes fiction stories centered in Asian culture, and when I’m reading her work, I love that I’m learning about new things while unraveling an intense, imaginative storyline. Sometimes the plot of See’s novels are set in the past, sometimes it is in the present, but all her books that I’ve read so far have become favorites!

I love Lisa See’s writing style features a mix of facts, fiction and fantasy. I can trust the information I learn about ancient Chinese culture in See’s books, even if the

storyline is fiction, because See herself is of mixed anscestry, including being Chinese. I know I’m getting a glimpse into another culture when I’m reading Lisa See’s novels, and I really like that and find it exciting!

“Flower Net” is just one of my favorite Lisa See books. I love the fast pace of this thriller-slash-murder-mystery, coupled with the sexy romance between the lead characters. This See novel was on the national bestseller list for a reason! “Flower Net” has action, love, ancient Asian culture immersion and a great international mystery.

“Snow Flower And The Secret Fan” is ...

• another one of my favorite Lisa See novels. It takes place in ancient China, in the time of foot-binding and women staying behind closed doors most of the time. I could relate to the stories of friendship and betrayal and hardship, though not the foot-binding obviously! Definately an interesting read as a modern woman! I loved it.

I just love Lisa See’s descriptive writing style, her way with words, and her knewledge of ancient Asian sultures. She brings China of years ago to life with her words, both in “Snow Flower”, and again in her masterpiece depicting

tragedy and young romance in ancient times, “Peony In Love”. Her creativity flows in waves of rhythym across the pages until you are so entrenched in the story that you can FEEL the emotions of the characters. It’s amazing!

I definately recommend Lisa See as an author. She will take you on amazing adventures in Asian culture, international intrigue and love! IF you are only going to read one, I would suggest “Peony In Love”. It is at once a ghost story, a love story, and a deep exploration of Ancient Chinese treatment of their dead anscestors.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171802996850728/k2311a0218/2.18.10