GE 5.8 Gigahertz Cordless Phone Set With Digital Answerer  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • In theory, I love the idea of this GE 5.8 gigahertz cordless phone set, unfortunately I have yet to be satisfied with the sound quality on any GE phone I've had
  • GE may make some great products, but in my opinion, phones are not chief among them
  • Sometimes I actually avoid talking on my GE phones because its just too inconvenient for me to get other things done while I talk
  • This is so convenient when you've been gone for days, and need to return calls
  • I can say the value is decent, but especially if you often talk to soft-spoken family and friends, or if you yourself are hard of hearing, I think you will have a hard time with this phone at least 50% of the time

• by Jenn

I have a multi-phone GE 5.8 gigahertz cordless digital answering machine phone set. This black and silver, touch-tone GE cordless phone set features three phones and bases. There are three cordless phones total in the GE set: a main base with the machine and a handset, and two smaller units with a handset and charging base.

In theory, I love the idea of this GE 5.8 gigahertz cordless phone set, unfortunately I have yet to be satisfied with the sound quality on any GE phone I’ve had. This is my third GE phone, and I won’t purchase another

one. GE may make some great products, but in my opinion, phones are not chief among them.

Unless a caller basically shouts, there are times I cannot get through a phone call without basically sound-proofing wherever I am. That isn’t an easy task for me in a house full of people and pets and washing machines and TV’s going! Sometimes I actually avoid talking on my GE phones because its just too inconvenient for me to get other things done while I talk.

The GE cordless 5.8 gigahertz digital answering machine set does have a few good points.

• The good points really come down to the numerous handsets and the digital answering machine, which is pretty easy to use. The volume on that is usually loud enough. You can set your own outgoing message or leave the factory set message, and each message will have a date and time stamp for you. This is so convenient when you’ve been gone for days, and need to return calls. The memory in the answering machine is sufficient to record about 20-30 one minute messages at a time.

For the $40 we spent on this GE cordless phone

set and answering machine, I feel the whole package is worth it. The sound quality issues counteract my satisfaction with the value however. As I said before, I might not ever buy another GE phone based off this and my previous phone experiences.

Unfortunately, I also can’t recommend this GE cordless 5.8 gigahertz phone set with digital answering machine. I can say the value is decent, but especially if you often talk to soft-spoken family and friends, or if you yourself are hard of hearing, I think you will have a hard time with this phone at least 50% of the time.

Vicki says :

how to set time and date

John says :

Start by pressing the flash button. Press the ‘8′ key to enter the time. Key in the hours and minutes. Enter the date as well on this screen. Press the pause button and you’re done.

Galega says :

The first thing I would say here is to subscribe for caller ID service, if you haven’t yet. Now, you are automatically subscribed for it, unless you ask the operator for otherwise. With this service, the time and date will be set automatically. You don’t need to do anything. For manual adjusting of the time, press CID/MESSAGES and then press scroll button unless you see SET TIME. Press it and adjust time. The cursor will automatically move to AM/PM. Select appropriately and press OK.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161802996790728/k2311a0218/2.18.10