Dog Breeds: Labrador Mixes  » Pets  »
  • Some people love pure bred dogs, but I prefer mutts
  • I would recommend mixed-breed dogs with Labrador in them for homes with small children and other pets, though every dog is different, and its important to watch things closely
  • I love my mixed breed dog because as goofy as he is, he looks huge and intimidating to strangers
  • I consider my Lab mix to be my protector, and my big baby
  • He is also the best home alarm I've ever had, which is important to me as I used to work in a prison

• by Jenn

Some people love pure bred dogs, but I prefer mutts! A labrador mix can be a great choice for a family with young kids, and mixed breeds typically have fewer health problems overall. This is important to me because my family includes a small child, and not a lot of extra money for the vet.

My Lab mix has some Border Collie and possibly another type of dog in him, and he is just as sweet as any pure bred dog could ever be. My Labrador mix does have some minor aggression issues towards strangers, out of protection most likely. He is very social and loving with

friends and family though, and adores our cats and six year old son. I would recommend mixed-breed dogs with Labrador in them for homes with small children and other pets, though every dog is different, and its important to watch things closely. This is especially true upon introduction and while getting adjusted to a new surrounding.

I love my mixed breed dog because as goofy as he is, he looks huge and intimidating to strangers. I consider my Lab mix to be my protector, and my big baby. His bark is ferocious, and his personality charming, humble and silly. He loves love, and believes with every inch of ...

• his eighty-pound frame that he is destined to be a lap dog. I love when he cuddles his big head in my lap and looks up at me with those sweet brown eyes!

Whether you get a mixed breed or pure breed Labrador, I also feel rescue dogs in particular make the best dogs. They are so grateful! They truly know you will love them and take care of them forever, and they love you right back for it, in my experience. My mixed breed rescue dog gives me back every minute of time or money I’ve ever spent on him in love and appreciation and just being a

happy dog!

He is also the best home alarm I’ve ever had, which is important to me as I used to work in a prison. He always alerts if there is someone on my property, and I doubt anyone would make it past him while he was breathing, put it that way!

All around, a wonderful dog for active families! These dogs love to run and play ball, and if you can get them in the water, even better!I highly recommend seeking out a lab mix of some sort to anyone thinking of getting a new large-breed dog. Give a mutt a chance; I did! You’ll be happy you did, too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291802996730728/k2311a0218/2.18.10