Southwest Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • The web-only fares are all I got and is the best bet for anyone with fixed travel plans, as these are non-refundable
  • I was highly satisfied with their service, their airfares, their flight times and range of affiliated airports and the flight experience

• by RedVelvet

I did a lot of travelling within the USA last year. Having to fly from state to state would have meant burning a hole in your pocket. Thanks to Southwest Airlines, my wallet didn’t have to suffer that much. And neither did I.

Booking flights is easily done on their website. The information of the available times for travel dates, flight route, travel time, layovers and different pricing schemes are clearly labeled, allowing the customer to make informed choices. Would I rather have route that allows a total of 7hrs or one that takes only 5hrs? Would it pay off to have two transfers instead of just one, if I choose a certain departure

time? Surely, there are many things to debate in your head when you travel but at least you know what you’re paying for.

Southwest does not set assigned seats; rather, you are assigned a boarding group and number when you check in and seats are free-for-all. It therefore became very important to me to check in as soon as the 24-hr countdown to my flight began. Checking in is easy and quick on their website. I have not experienced a glitch in all my time I have been flying with them. If you do not have a printer at home for your boarding pass, just sidle up to the kiosk at the counter, check in your bags (if you have some) and print your boarding pass.

The baggage allowance was the tipping point for me. Southwest flies two of your bags for free! This matters a lot to jetsetters and people going on holiday because you know that you will not have to worry about paying extra to fly what other airlines should be flying for you in the first place!! Having check-in luggage when travelling is basic, not a luxury. While other airlines treat bags as such, Southwest does not. I am happy to say that Southwest has not lost any of my bags, even with multiple transfers.

The designated boarding gates are fully-staffed with their people ...

• Southwest Airlines
      fielding the clients’ questions, facilitating transfers and any other need that the traveler may have. It was always easy for me to get the information I needed.

The service is casual and it is a pleasant surprise to be hearing safety features done in a rap or laughing along with the friendly banter of cabin crew as they facilitate boarding and give out refreshments. You will feel as if you were on a road trip with a very big group of friends. I didn’t mind the lack of formality at all as long as my travel needs and comforts were being met. There is an excellent in-flight magazine in the seat pocket that contains

wonderful feature articles, a calendar of events and the drinks list. This, and your other entertainment devices and books, will make the time pass quickly, even with the airline’s lack of a personal entertainment system.

The web-only fares are all I got and is the best bet for anyone with fixed travel plans, as these are non-refundable.

Traveling worry-free on the cheap takes on a new dimension with Southwest Airlines. I was highly satisfied with their service, their airfares, their flight times and range of affiliated airports and the flight experience. So much so that I enrolled myself in their Rapid Rewards program after only one flight because I knew was going to be flying with them frequently.

Southwest Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401802996500728/k2311a0218/2.18.10