Hartford Marriott Famington Hotel  » Hotels  »
15 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, Connecticut 06032 USA
  • The hotel is located in an industrial park, quite a ways from the main road so this may not be the best choice for tourists without a car
  • I got a standard room, which I found to be comfortable and homey
  • It was definitely the extra mile that some hotels only claim to have
  • The service was prompt and convenient and afforded me no hassle at all

• by RedVelvet

On a business trip to Connecticut, my colleagues and I booked ourselves at the Hartford Marriott Farmington Hotel because the rates were reasonable and it was conveniently located a short distance from the office. It is also near downtown Hartford and there is a book in your room that tells you all about the area. The hotel is located in an industrial park, quite a ways from the main road so this may not be the best choice for tourists without a car.

A weary traveller will immediately feel welcomed by the warm interiors of the lobby, taking in the rich colors of the furnishings and soft glow of the fireplace. While there was no one to greet me nor help me with my luggage, it was fortunate that I was there on business, not on holiday. I checked in and was assisted by friendly front

desk staff.

The hotel is quite capable of handling your business needs. In the lobby is a computer and printer that I used to check in for my flight the next day and printed out my boarding pass. There is an adequate business center that includes a fax machine, internet use, printer and copy machine. Wifi is available but the hotel charges approximately $12 for 24hrs or $3 an hour for its use, and can only be hooked up to one laptop computer. While this is an added expense that I would not have wanted to pay for, the internet speed was fast and allowed me check my email, surf the net and stream videos without delay.

I got a standard room, which I found to be comfortable and homey. There are two double beds that made for a good night’s rest. The bathroom is a ...

• good size and includes your basic need for soaps and shampoos that were mildly and pleasantly scented. A hairdryer can be found in one of the drawers. A sewing kit was delivered promptly to my room after I requested for one. It, however, does not include scissors so you will need to do a MacGyver on this one.

Their room service menu is reasonably-priced and is brought over after a good wait. I ordered buffalo wings (mild) for lunch and thought it to be nice and tangy with just the right amount of zing. There is a convenience store set up beside the front desk where you can get everything from cosmetics to souvenirs. There is a tall refrigerator of an assortment of drinks. Just reach in, grab one and pay for it at the window that peers into the reception area. One of the front

desk staff will ring up your purchase for you. I did not have change for my bottle of water so, instead, the nice staff member asked me to return the water and came out clutching several complimentary bottles. It was definitely the extra mile that some hotels only claim to have.

The hotel has a shuttle to the airport but prior arrangements will have to be made. I neglected to do this so I was forced to take a cab. The concierge arranged this for me the night before and called my room to let me know that the cab was ready for me. The service was prompt and convenient and afforded me no hassle at all.

Staying at the Hartford Marriott Farmington Hotel is pleasurable and rightly suited for the business traveller. Its great service, adequate facilities and friendly staff helps you stay focused on your business ahead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21802996480728/k2311a0218/2.18.10