Ponstan SF  » Medicine  »
  • I don't know what SF stands for but I think it means that it works fast (like fast relief or something)
  • What I like most about Ponstan is that it really gets the job done
  • The first time I tried it, I bought 10 caps without knowing the price - I ended up with no money left of my wallet

• by mowmow

My day job requires me to stay in front of the computer for 8 or more hours. Most of the time, my company requires me to work overtime especially when there are deadlines. I suspect this as the cause of my frequent migraines. At first my right eye begins to hurt and it radiates to the right side of my head. It hurts so much that I have a hard time looking at the monitor. Sometimes I even put masking tape on my eye so it won’t open. Massaging my temples won’t

help or even taking a short nap.

The only thing that relieves my migraine is the Ponstan SF capsule. I don’t know what SF stands for but I think it means that it works fast (like fast relief or something). I buy about 8 capsules of 500mg when I have a bout of headache. No, I don’t drink all 8 capsules silly! I take 2 capsules and keep the rest. I really like having my medicines handy so I have a pill box with me all the time. I think you’re supposed to ...

• take only 1 capsule but it doesn’t work for me so I take a gram at a time. I don’t drink this often. Only like once every three months or so when the migraine is really bad. I try to not take meds when the headache is tolerable because I’m afraid I might become dependent on Ponstan.

What I like most about Ponstan is that it really gets the job done. I’ve tried Advil, Tylenol, even Paracetamol (they say it works on headaches too) but I just end up wasting my money on

them. Ponstan is quite expensive though. The first time I tried it, I bought 10 caps without knowing the price - I ended up with no money left of my wallet. But if it would take the headache away - why not! It also works on other pains like toothache (I hate this!) but not stomach ache I believe (I think you should avoid mefenamic acid when you have upset stomach). Oh, I forgot to mention that it has no side effects like diarrhea. I love Ponstan! It’s a staple on my pill box.

Ponstan SF
    Juan Dela Cruz says :

re : The first time I tried it, I bought 10 caps without knowing the price - I ended up with no money left of my wallet
    ponstan sf price is ridiculously so high. very expensive for a mefenamic acid.

Galega says :

Yes, the price is high. It is because of the fact that it is manufactured and marketed by Pfizer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261802996440728/k2311a0218/2.18.10