The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.: A.K.A. Kansas  » TV  »
2.5
  • Since I much prefer Brisco with another character from a previous episode, that disappointed me
  • I love it when we learn more about the orb

• by Orrymain

There was one thing I really loved and one thing I really hated about The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.: A.K.A. Kansas. Overall, the negative rules and that means this is a show I could really live without.

Kelly Rutherford reprises her role as Dixie Cousins. This time, she has a surprise. Her ex-husband is Doc McCoy (Christopher Rich), an

outlaw Brisco is after. Brisco enlists Dixie’s assistance, and what it all leads to is a declaration of love at the end of the show. Since I much prefer Brisco with another character from a previous episode, that disappointed me. I’ve never liked the romantic relationship between Brisco and Dixie, so naturally, this is the piece I hated.

The part ...

• I loved was when Brisco of the present encountered Brisco of the future, and it was the future Brisco who safely took possession of the second orb and advised his earlier self that he was on the right track. It was a priceless scene, full of fun and magic. I love it when we learn more about the orb.

In between

love and hate, there was a fun scene with Brisco discovering that Lord Bowler lives in a classy house and has a butler. That was pretty funny. Conversely, watching Socrates try to fend off the escaped prisoner Rita Avnet wasn’t funny. It made me cringe. Her love-crazed obsession with him is just not believable.

As I said, overall, I’ll pass.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101702995630728/k2311a0217/2.17.10