The Magic Bullet Countertop Magician Appliance  » Housewares  »
  • I love to cook but I find food prep tedious and time consuming
  • Personally, I think the good out weighs the minor complaints I had with the machine but I thought to be fair I must include them

• by Jude244

I love to cook but I find food prep tedious and time consuming. Recently I heard that the Magic Bullet could peel, chop, blend, whip, grind, and mix; in a matter of seconds, and using only one appliance. Sure I was skeptical but I still wanted to see for myself. Now that local stores are carrying them, and I don’t have to order them from the infomercial; I figured I had nothing to lose since it could be easily returned if I didn’t like it.

The heart of the Magic Bullet is the motorized base which powers the blade inserts that you must attach to the supplied mixing cups or party mugs. All you have to do is place the food you wish to process into the mug,

choose the correct blade and twist it on, and then press the mug down on the motorized base.

So far I have made everything from fruit smoothies to creamy Alfredo sauce. I use it nearly everyday and am constantly finding uses for it. The unit comes with a 90+ page cookbook that contains hundreds of yummy recipes that are divided by the types of meal, a special section for recipes that take ten seconds or less prep, and also has a fun section for party foods such as dips, salsa, and strawberry margaritas. I particularly like that each recipe shows you the correct blade, cup, and has serving suggestions, as well as substitutions so you can customize each recipe.

Personally, I think the good out weighs ...

• the minor complaints I had with the machine but I thought to be fair I must include them. The bullet only processes a small amount of food at a time, imagine only what can fit in it’s the respective mixing cup. So, if you are cooking for a family you are only doing individual servings at a time. Also, items sometimes have a tendency to stick to the sides of the cup rather than come down to the chopping blade. This means you have to stop the machine and repeatedly shake the cup in order to dislodge the contents. Finally, the Magic Bullet can not run for more than one minute at a time or you can cause permanent damage to the motor so if you are processing a challenging
        ingredient you have to stop let it rest and then go back to it.

In all I find this a very handy appliance to have around. It takes up very little counter space, can perform a variety of functions, it processes many items in a matter of seconds, most of its parts can be washed in the dish washer, and the cups can also be micro waved once you remove the blade and replace it with the shaker steamer lids they have included with the Bullet. Now that many stores are carrying it, you don’t even have to pay to have it shipped or deal with mailing it back if it’s not quite right for you. I think you’ll really enjoy having it around, I know I do!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531702995420728/k2311a0217/2.17.10