Elton John  » People  »
  • I love when the harmonica comes in because it's the best part
  • I would make a list of the songs I like, but it would take up my entire review

• by C.Channing

If you haven’t heard of Elton John, you’ve been either hiding under a rock or just came into the world. With the amount of success his has accumulated throughout his lifetime, it’s hard to really say you haven’t heard of Elton John or his music.

I didn’t start listening to Elton John’s music until I was in the later part of elementary school. My mom would play his music nonstop, and it would drive me crazy because his songs would be stuck in my head all day. However, it wasn’t until the movie “Lion King” premiered in theaters that I would actually begin

to appreciate Elton John’s music. My mom is a huge fan and she practically has every album he’s ever made, and I would just go through each and every one listening and actually finding myself liking it.

I have a lot of favorites by Elton John, but my all time favorite is “I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues”. Even though the song has an upbeat tempo, it sort of has a blues/jazz feeling to it. I love when the harmonica comes in because it’s the best part: It just wraps up the song for me. I also like the “Candle In ...

• The Wind” and “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”. I would make a list of the songs I like, but it would take up my entire review.

Outside of music, he dedicates his time to giving to charities. He is a big supporter of the AIDS foundation, and was sadly turned down to adopt a child who had AIDS. It was a sad moment in history to hear about such a thing happening to Elton John. However, he still dedicates his time to giving back which is one of the things I love about him.

Besides his charity work, I love how he’s not

afraid to call someone out. He called out an unnamed (Elton John named her, but I won’t) singer for receiving an award for best singer, and he said she lip-synched. People may call him a diva, but I love him for being honest and I hope he keeps it up. It seems like honesty has taken a back seat in the entertainment industry. Luckily for the Elton John fans, he’ll always pilot his ride. Elton John is a remarkable singer, and a better composer. No one has been able to break his records, and I hope he continues to provide the world with his classics.

Elton John

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521702995380728/k2311a0217/2.17.10