Spike’s Delight Hedgehog Food  » Pets  »
  • In the end, the cat ended up getting the cat food because the hedgehog only wanted Spike's
  • The price of Spike's Delight varies from seller to seller

• by Ash Marie

I got a free bag of Spike’s Delight Premium Hedgehog food from the breeder that sold me my first hedgy. She also gave me several sample bags of premium cat food, and said that some hedgies liked a little variety. In the

end, the cat ended up getting the cat food because the hedgehog only wanted Spike’s.

From what I understand, Spike’s is very healthy, low filler and high protein hedgehog food, made with chicken. (I’m informed by an different breeder’s site that it has no feet, beaks, or visceral organs. Hooray!) Also, if you’re concerned about feeding your animal corn, there’s a chicken-and-rice variety. At any rate, this and actual cooked chicken are the only things I can get my hedgy to eat. Every once in ...

• Spike's Delight Hedgehog Food
      a while the cat comes by and cleans the bowl out while I’m changing the litter in the hedgehog pen, so it must be pretty good.

The price of Spike’s Delight varies from seller to seller. I buy it through my breeder’s supplier,

who actually offers a discount for the breeder’s customers. Although a 5 pound bag is a little pricey (between $10-15 without a discount,) it does last for a long time. When I buy, the bag lasts for about months. This isn’t a bad deal at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291702995340728/k2311a0217/2.17.10