The Nikon D60 Kit Lens  » Cameras  »
  • You can get a brand new Nikon D60 for just about $490.00(kit lens), and I think it will be lower the next season
  • On the down side, less compatibility on lenses will likely the problem
  • Anyway, I like this camera, it's my training/vacation camera
  • I highly recommend this camera to those new on photography, yes it will teach how to take great pictures

• by Masyong

The Nikon D60 posses features that every newbie on photography loves. From the shape up the button functions, an average Joe will likely love this camera. Another feature that is to love about this camera is the cheap price. You can get a brand new Nikon D60 for just about $490.00(kit lens), and I think it will be lower the next season.

Because it is a compact DSLR, it weigh less than the more bigger cameras like D200 or D3. And it has

an ergonomic shell that it feels good to the hand.

I usually travel and get pictures away from home, and one nice thing about this camera are its batteries. You can actually shoot 1000+ pictures before it drains out, so having two batteries will prolong your stay on the area.

I personally like shooting on Aperture Priority Mode (see the dial on the top). The quality of the pictures are awesome! The 18mm-35mm lens kit is a good general purpose lens. Activating the ...

• VR (Vibration Reduction) on the lens gives me more control of shakes. The other modes like Auto, Portrait, No Flash, Sports, Child, Micro, etc… can be useful to a newbie but as you become more good on photography, the only mode you will be using are the P, S, A & M.

On the down side, less compatibility on lenses will likely the problem. The Nikon D60 is incompatible with older Nikkor Lenses. It only uses AF-S lens in order to Auto-focus. It

doesn’t auto focus on the traditional non-AF-S or AF-I AF lenses without a built-in motor (including some G and D AF lenses). The metering on older lenses is also disabled. Finding a wider variety of lens for this camera will be a pain.

Anyway, I like this camera, it’s my training/vacation camera. I won’t stop using it until it stops shooting.

I highly recommend this camera to those new on photography, yes it will teach how to take great pictures. I rate 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431702995200628/k2311a0217/2.17.10