Days Inn and Suites  » Hotels  »
0.5
5 Sutter Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080
  • The first problem I discovered was that the lock on the doorknob didn’t work
  • Overall, the experience was terrible and unnerving
  • My suggestion is to stay in Redding, which is about 50 miles south of Red Bluff

• by carblover

My impression of this motel can be summed up in these words: “I would’ve felt safer sleeping in my car.” At least that way, I could’ve save $55. This was, without a doubt, the worst motel I have EVER stayed in. I was traveling to Portland, Oregon and was looking for affordable places to stay along interstate 5. I booked a room at this motel online and wasn’t able to see any pictures of the place, which was mistake number one. The next mistake was choosing Red Bluff, which is technically on the map but is essentially a ghost town. Almost every store was closed by 8 PM so I had to travel a good distance to find a

place to eat.

But the location wasn’t the worst part. The motel was classic example of a seedy motel that you would see in movies. When I checked in, I was met by a disgruntled manager with poor social skills. The lobby was shabby and dusty, and carpet gave off stale odors of spilt food. Also, this was the first motel I stayed at where the ice machine was in the lobby. Since the lobby closed at 9PM, I couldn’t get any ice after hours. When I got to the room, it seemed reasonably clean to the naked eye. It had a TV and a working bathroom, so I had no major complaints, that is, until I ...

• looked in the bathroom. Poorly cleaned, disgusting hairs still in the drain, wouldn’t bathe my dog in that shower.

The first problem I discovered was that the lock on the doorknob didn’t work. I went to the office to complain and get another room. The manager wasn’t apologetic or even ashamed by this fact. He just handed me a door key to another room. When I went to that room, there was a hole on the door where the doorknob should be. He actually gave me a room with no knob on the door, not to mention it stank! I was so appalled that I didn’t go back to the office and just went back

to the original room. Obviously, complaining or customer satisfaction was of no concern to him. I didn’t even bother to complain about the noise coming from the open-door party two rooms down. What for? He wasn’t going to do anything about it.

Overall, the experience was terrible and unnerving. I didn’t feel safe and was in fear of my car being stolen. I was afraid that one of the drunks from the party might come crashing through my door. For those traveling north on interstate 5, don’t stay at this motel unless you’re reckless with your safety. My suggestion is to stay in Redding, which is about 50 miles south of Red Bluff. I wish I had.

Days Inn and Suites

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21702995080628/k2311a0217/2.17.10