Rimmel Natural Sensation Smooth Flawless Finish  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed that in areas where my skin was a little dry and flaky, the foundation clumped and made the flakiness more apparent
  • So when using Rimmel, I found it important to also invest in a moisturizing lotion with SPF
  • Overall, I think Rimmel Natural Sensation is a good investment
  • It cost more than Covergirl but less than L’Oreal and some other brands

• by carblover

Some foundation makeup claim that it covers up your blemishes for a smooth flawless finish. You see cosmetic commercials with already flawless models with perfect complexions shot under expert lighting, claiming that it’s the product that is producing those results. But some products fall short with 99% of (real) women who have pores and uneven complexions. When I purchased Rimmel Natural Sensation, thank goodness that I hadn’t seen the commercial to influence me because I probably wouldn’t have bought it. What caught my attention was it claimed to produce a

different texture sensation. I put a sample amount on my hand and liked how smoothly it blended into my skin to produce a nice tone. So I bought it.

The consistency is thicker than liquid foundation so I expected it spread a little thickly but that was to the contrary. When I applied some to my face, I was pretty happy with the results. It blended smoothly and almost invisibly with my skin, but more importantly, it visibly minimized the size and depths of my pores. However, I did notice ...

• that it didn’t do a good job of covering any uneven redness – it lessened the redness but not too well. But I was satisfied with the lightness of the makeup and how evenly it spread on the skin. Since it feels so light, there were times I forgot to wash my face because I forgot I had it on.

There were some qualities that are missing in this product, one of them being it had no moisturizing properties. I noticed that in areas where my skin was a little dry and flaky,

the foundation clumped and made the flakiness more apparent. I had put on a good moisturizer under the makeup to minimize that. Another thing is that it has no UV protection which is crucial these days. So when using Rimmel, I found it important to also invest in a moisturizing lotion with SPF.

Overall, I think Rimmel Natural Sensation is a good investment. It cost more than Covergirl but less than L’Oreal and some other brands. For its price, it did a good job of attempting to give me a flawless look.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311702995070628/k2311a0217/2.17.10