Playskool Explore and Grow Busy Ball Popper  » Baby care  »
1.0
  • Basically, I don't like this toy because I have to babysit it, as well as my baby

• by accstarr

My 9-month-old is enthralled by the Busy Ball Popper and entertained by the action, but I would not buy this toy again unless some of the design flaws are fixed.

One criterion I have for a good baby toy is how much time it buys me to look away from the baby and accomplish other tasks. In this case that time is approximately ten seconds, which is how long it plays and juggles the balls around before I have to press the button again. Since it is designed for babies

who cannot push the button (which is located in the back and must be depressed downward vertically — not easy to do for tiny hands), this means I must sit next to my baby the whole time he is playing with it! Once the noise and motion stop, the fussing starts.

Basically, I don’t like this toy because I have to babysit it, as well as my baby. Not only do you have to keep pressing the button to make it entertaining, you frequently have to go chasing after the ...

• balls! When my 7-year-old was a baby we had a similar toy, except that its action cycled the balls back into the machine and didn’t scatter them all over the floor! This makes it an annoying game of “fetch” for me, and has contributed to some of the balls being lost. My baby also knocks it over frequently, which can scatter the balls further or even shoot them out horizontally like a pitching machine.

Lastly, this is one noisy toy! After buying it I read that it is

loud enough decibel-wise to damage a baby’s ears. I’m not sure about that … It doesn’t seem THAT loud but still louder than it ought to be. In fact, the sheer loudness of it ensures that he’s not going to look away from it while it’s in front of him!

The Busy Ball Popper plays three different tunes and my son does like it, but it is not by any means a parent-friendly toy. If you’re looking to buy a few moments of sanity to have a complete thought, look elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541702995040628/k2311a0217/2.17.10