Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual by Michael Pollan  » Books  »
  • I set out on a quest to discover the best long term eating plan

• by squishlette

Eating plans and diets are so complicated these days. I grew sick of the same old eat fat free and lose regime.

I set out on a quest to discover the best long term eating plan.

I did a lot of research of the subject.

One of my favorite references is Food

Rules by Michael Pollan.

I was able to plan out a usable diet with the rules and outlines provided by the book.

Some reviews I read stated that they didn’t want to know all the ‘whys’ but that’s what made the book great.

I want to know why some foods are better ...

• than others! Any book can just give you outlines, but what I find myself asking is why use their outlines? What good does it do me? This book is an asset to those looking for more than just diet plans.

If you want an in-depth explanation about why vegetables are better than

starches, or why it’s better to get out sugar from natural sources like fruit, then this is the book you want.

It gave me a sense of purpose for changing my diet, rather than just the normal I want to use weight avenue.

There is something empowering about knowing why these changes are better for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171602994651128/k2311a0216/2.16.10