Goody Self-holding rollers (package of 31)  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • So after much research I decided to give it a try
  • Overall, I was very disappointed in this product
  • I wouldn’t recommend this as a way to curl fine hair because it just doesn’t work

• by Liberty

I’ve been looking for an inexpensive way to curl my hair and keep it curled without spending close to a hundred dollars on a new curling iron. Money is tight, so I wanted to find out ways that would be affordable, especially for someone like me who have super fine, straight hair. I’ve heard it all, and tried many and very few have worked. The one thing I haven’t tried were rollers, and I figured why not. So after much research I decided to give it a try. I went to my local Wal-Mart to pick up some rollers, and ended up buying Goody’s Self-holding rollers that came with

31 rollers. I’ve tried this product many times, many different ways with hair products, hot and cool air, etc. So the following are my pros and cons to this product.

I’ll start off with the pros to Goody’s Self-holding rollers first. What I liked about this product was that it came in a clear travel case, and the rollers are easy to package and put away neatly. It comes with thirty-one rollers of varies sizes. It’s affordable as well, costing me around just $5 for the case. I also liked that it can be found at any Wal-Mart or Target. It’s a very simple product which makes it easy to ...

• use. I had bought some clips to hold it since it didn’t come with any, but turned out that it wasn’t really necessary since the rollers are self-holding like it says. It holds even the finest, straightest hair like mine. I liked that it didn’t pull on my hair or tangled it. It was also very easy to remove without any hassle, but then again I have fine hair.

The downside to Goody Self-holing rollers is that I don’t think it actually works to curl fine hair like mine. I’ve tried different techniques, different types of mousse and hairspray, even different ways of blowing drying it but nothing works.

Every time I take out the curlers my hair doesn’t look curly, maybe a little wavy here and there but that soon straightens out on it’s own. In fact my hair goes straight in less than five minutes. I’ve even tried leaving it in longer, for about an hour and that didn’t really help either.

Overall, I was very disappointed in this product. I can’t say for sure how well it will work with other types of hair, but it sure didn’t work for fine hair. Thankfully I didn’t spend much money on it. I wouldn’t recommend this as a way to curl fine hair because it just doesn’t work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311602994371128/k2311a0216/2.16.10