Space Bags  » Other  »
1.0
  • At first I was impressed by the sheer volume of clothes that they could condense down into a single, manageable parcel
  • Here’s the problem though, shortly after using the bags I noticed that some didn’t stay completely airless but instead re-inflated somewhat
  • I also noticed that if a bag was opened a few times the sure zip slider either stopped working or came off entirely

• by Jude244

I recently purchased the Space Bag collection to store the out of season clothes taking up considerable space in my closet. At first I was impressed by the sheer volume of clothes that they could condense down into a single, manageable parcel. I was able to reorganize my entire closet in a single Sunday afternoon and finally had a space that didn’t threaten to bury me every time I opened the door.

But alas, my enthusiasm would be short lived as I began to notice some problems with the bags sealing

features. Ideally you place the garments, blankets or what-not into the bag up to a set fill line and then seal it using the sure-zip slider. Next, you remove the air either with a vacuum or by manually expelling the air through the valve on the bottom of the bag, than finally you replace the cap on the bag valve and store the bag vertically or in the flat position with the zipper facing up.

Here’s the problem though, shortly after using the bags I noticed that some didn’t stay completely airless ...

• but instead re-inflated somewhat. I also noticed that if a bag was opened a few times the sure zip slider either stopped working or came off entirely. Once off the little plastic slider was extremely difficult to replace and if it couldn’t be put back on the bag was than totally useless.

Moreover, the larger the bag, the harder it was to seal and keep airless. This was especially true of the extra large size which was more of a nuisance than anything else.

If you are still considering trying this

product then know that eventually all the top zipper slides will have problems and that I have even had bags rip on me which was clearly not supposed to happen. Little by little I have tossed them in the trash and now have two left out off a fairly large set. Hopefully Space Bag will eventually improve on their product and fix the faulty zipper features but until then I will either have to deal with a near exploding closet, or be forced to shop less until they make the necessary corrections.

Space Bags

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121602994291128/k2311a0216/2.16.10