Tom Cruise  » People  »
  • I must admit that I wasn't really paying attention to his acting skills at that particular time in my life, but I've gone back and reviewed the movie again, and I think he did a good job with the his character
  • Risky Business , Legend , Cocktail which I like, but critics had another opinion, Top Gun which was the best ever, The Color of Money , Rain Man , and many more

• by C.Channing

Despite all the critics and drama that has surrounded Tom Cruise for the past five years or so, I still think he’s a great actor and it doesn’t hurt that he’s good-looking, too.

I didn’t get my first glimpse of Tom Cruise until I saw him in the movie “The Outsiders”. I was a kid when I saw the movie, but I couldn’t forget how good he looked in the kitchen scene with his mouth covered in chocolate cake. I must admit that I wasn’t really

paying attention to his acting skills at that particular time in my life, but I’ve gone back and reviewed the movie again, and I think he did a good job with the his character: He was the smart and sensitive bad boy. I think once he appeared in “The Outsiders”, Tom Cruise’s career took off from there.

Tom Cruise would go on to appear in lot of successful films in the 80s: “Risky Business”, “Legend”, “Cocktail” which I like, but critics had another opinion, “Top ...

• Gun” which was the best ever, “The Color of Money”, “Rain Man”, and many more. His career into the 90s would lead off as the same way the 80’s began and ended: Straight to the top. My favorite films of his in the 90s were “A Few Good Men” which aired over the weekend; “The Firm” which comes on television every now and then; “Mission Impossible” and the follow up sequels; and “Minority Report”.

I like Tom Cruise because of how versatile he is as an

actor; I think it’s really hard for me to say that’s he’s played the same role twice. He may play the leading man in his films, but never the same one. I like how he’s able to go from playing a lawyer to a spy to psychotic hit man. He has a new movie coming out co-starring Cameron Diaz and it looks pretty good. I’m thinking about going to see it during opening weekend, which is a shocker because I NEVER go see a movie during opening weekend.

Tom Cruise

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521602994151128/k2311a0216/2.16.10