Sony Wega 29″ Mdl: KV SZ292N50  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • After almost 2 years, problem started to show up
  • My brother is buying an LCD i told him i wouldnt recommend Sony

• by don

I bought my brand new Sony Wega 29″ Mdl: KV SZ292N50, 2006 with a warranty of 1 yr. After almost 2 years, problem started to show up.

At first it just automatically shuts off (very minimal occurrence) then after wards, picture started to get smaller and smaller until it disappears and the unit shuts off.

Until

finally, the whole unit does not open or when it opens, it will only last for some few minutes and off again and cannot be turn on.

I brought in the Sony Service Center and told me that the only remedy is to replace the whole mother board stuff inside.

so whats the guarantee that they’ll ...

• be able to find a mother Board.

they say its gonna be sourced in Singapore.

I waited for 3 Months.

After that they told me that there is no more stock of mother board.

Its already phased out and they cannot just do anything about my TV all they have to say is that the TV

is already junk.

Wow ! Im really surprised because I just realized then that Sony has no good after sales support… Now, Im wrecking my 29″ SONY TELEVISION … My brother is buying an LCD i told him i wouldnt recommend Sony… It not really good at all.

So he bought a Samsung.

Its better than Sony.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161602993991028/k2311a0216/2.16.10